- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp redcurrant or cranberry jelly
- 2 spiced fruit tea bags (Pukka's 'revitalise' is good, or apple & cinnamon)
- 4 firm pears, peeled, halved and core scooped out with a spoon
- handful fresh cranberries
- yogurt or sweetened crème fraîche with a little orange juice or zest, to serve
This recipe works well with plums, too. You could also try using whatever fruit teas you have at home and adding a cinnamon stick and vanilla pod in with the poaching liquid, if you have them.