Broad bean & feta cheese toasts
By Good Food
Slice up a baguette, toast, then use as a bruschetta base for beans and salty Greek cheese for a healthy bite
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 350g broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 100g feta cheese (or vegetarian alternative), drained
- 2 tbsp chopped or shredded mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g bag mixed salad leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 thin slices baguettes (white or brown)
Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the beans, return to the boil and cook for 4 mins. Drain in a colander under running water until cold. Press each bean out of its skin into a bowl.
Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves. Season with a good grind of black pepper and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Toss together.
Toss the salad leaves and tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between 2 plates. Toast the bread under the grill or in a toaster until golden and crisp on both sides. To serve, spoon the bean and cheese mixture onto the warm toasts and place alongside the salad.