Wholewheat pasta with broccoli & almonds
Brown spaghetti keeps you fuller for longer – team it with healthy greens flavoured with garlic, chilli and lemon
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced (add extra chilli if you like)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- 300g thin-stemmed broccoli, cut into pieces
- zest 1 lemon
- 25g flaked toasted almonds
- parmesan shavings (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chilli and garlic, and cook on a low heat until golden. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta to the water and cook following pack instructions. In the final 4 mins of cooking, add the broccoli. Once cooked, drain and tip into the garlic pan. Add the lemon zest and almonds, and toss together well. Serve in bowls, topped with Parmesan shavings.