Spanish chicken traybake with chorizo & peppers
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
Add this easy dinner recipe to your repertoire – simply pop herby chicken thighs into a roasting tin with colourful veg and spicy sausage
- Prep:15 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 438
- fat 29g
- saturates 8g
- carbs 12g
- sugars 10g
- fibre 6g
- protein 28g
- salt 0.9g
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus a few sprigs
- 4 tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs on the bone, excess skin trimmed
- economy bag mixed peppers (about 700g), halved and deseeded
- 140g piece of chorizo, roughly chopped (we used a spicy one)
- 20 pitted black olives
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- crusty bread, pasta or potatoes, to serve
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic and thyme leaves with a little seasoning and 2 tsp oil to make a paste. If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, finely grate the garlic, then stir everything together.
Rub the herb and garlic paste on the underside of the chicken to flavour it.
Cut each of the pepper halves into 2 or 3 chunky strips, depending on their size. Pile into a large roasting tin with the chorizo and olives, toss with the remaining oil, then sit the chicken on top, skin-side up. Scatter over the tomatoes, spoon over the vinegar, season and tuck in the thyme sprigs.
Roast for 1 hr until the chicken skin is crispy and the vegetables have softened. Serve with crusty bread, pasta or potatoes.