- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1kg pack lean minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 beef stock cubes (we like Just Bouillon)
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- 3 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained
TipIf you want to use a slow cooker...
To get an even more intense flavour, try this in a slow cooker. Fry your onions in a pan for 8 mins, then add your garlic, spices and oregano and cook for a minute. Gradually add the mince until it's brown. Tip into your slow cooker with the tomatoes, peppers, sundried tomatoes and beans, crumble in the stock cubes and season to taste. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.