- 18-23cm fruit cake covered with marzipan and ready-to-roll white icing
- 250g ready-to-roll white icing (see 'Try' tip)
- pink, green and orange food colouring (or use colours of your choice)
- 1 quantity soft royal icing (see 'Try' tip)
- thin red ribbon
- orange, green and pink Smarties, plus 3 small gift boxes
TipUsing ready-to-roll white icing
Lightly brush the surface of the cake with cooled boiled water. Dust a surface with icing sugar and knead 750g ready-to-roll white icing until softened and smooth. Roll out to a round and ease the icing over the cake using the rolling pin to help. Guide the icing over the edges of the cake, then smooth the surface with your palms. Trim the excess with a sharp knife.
To make royal icing put 1 egg white in a large bowl and sift in 200g icing sugar, stirring with until smooth.