Hot BBQ beef, horseradish & pasta salad
By CJ Jackson
A allergy friendly pasta dish that everyone will enjoy. Perfect for guests with food intolerances
- Prep:30 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 498
- fat 18g
- saturates 4g
- carbs 58g
- sugars 10g
- fibre 6g
- protein 31g
- salt 0.56g
- 450g lean rump steaks
- 2 tbsp dairy and wheat-free Worcestershire sauce dairy and wheat-free
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 250g 'Free From' fusilli pasta (we used Sainsbury's)
- 1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 red peppers, grilled to remove the skins, deseeded and thickly sliced
- small bunch basil, torn
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp freshly grated horseradish, to taste
TipNote to the chef
Worcestershire sauce is a great storecupboard ingredient, but some brands are not allergenfree, so we have found a very good alternative for this, too. We chose to use fresh horseradish in the sauce rather than turning to a jar, as some contain dairy or egg products.
Marinate the steak in the Worcester sauce for 10 mins and sprinkle over the black pepper.
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then toss with the spring onions, peppers and basil. Mix the dressing ingredients together, season, then set aside.
Heat the barbecue or a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak for 3 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cut into thick slices, then toss into the pasta with the dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.