- Takes 15 minutes
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 0
- fat 0g
- saturates 0g
- carbs 0g
- sugars 0g
- fibre 0g
- protein 0g
- salt 0g
- generous pinch saffron
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 x 275g packets pre-cooked basmati rice
- 3 roasted chicken breasts, skinned and torn into pieces
- 454g bag frozen luxury seafood cocktail (cooked prawns, squid rings and mussles), thawed and rinsed
- 3 roasted red peppers (in oil, not vinegar), cut into large pieces
- 175g black olives
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
This is really a construction job and a very clever cheat, as nearly everything is pre-cooked, from the rice to the chicken, peppers and seafood.
Bring 400ml/14fl oz water to the boil in a large pan with the saffron, then add the peas and simmer for 2-3 minutes until they are just cooked and the saffron is infused. Tip in the rice and gently stir round the pan until it turns yellow, then stir in the chicken, seafood, peppers and olives. Cover and cook for a minute or so stirring occasionally over a medium heat until everything has heated through completely, then toss in the parsley.
Arrange and serve. Pile on to a large warm platter and serve with lemon wedges round the sides.