Chloe’s pink tiramisu
By Good Food
A light, fruity, fresh, no-cook dish from 12-year-old Good Food reader Chloe
- Prep 25 mins plus overnight chilling
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- 135g pack strawberry or raspberry jelly
- 175g pack sponge fingers
- 400g/ 1lb strawberry compote
- 410g can strawberry or red cherry fruit filling, or 2 x 295g can raspberries in fruit juice, drained
- 2 eggs, separated
- 85g/ 3oz caster sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 125ml/ 4fl oz double cream
- amaretti biscuits, to serve
It’s traditional to use raw eggs in tiramisu, but if you don’t want to, leave them out. Your mix will be less fluffy, but still delicious.
Make jelly following pack instructions. Once it has cooled down a bit, dip the sponge fingers one-by-one in the liquid jelly, then line them up in the base of a 20 x 25cm baking dish. Spread the fruit filling on top.
Beat the egg yolks with the sugar using an electric whisk until the mixture is pale and creamy. Add the mascarpone and double cream, and keep beating until you have a nice thick mixture.
In another bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold them into the cream mixture. Spread this on top of the fruit filling layer and leave in the fridge overnight. Serve with a few crumbled amaretti biscuits on top.