Chicken with pomegranate & Brazil nuts
Marinate chicken in ginger, lime and pomegranate molasses and serve on slices of grilled aubergine for a mouthwatering main
plus overnight marinating
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- 150g pack Brazil nuts, half left whole, half chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- juice 1 lime
- 250g pot of coconut milk yogurt (we used Coyo Natural)
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 6 free-range chicken legs or quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large aubergines, sliced lengthways
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
Put the whole Brazil nuts in a food processor with the ginger, garlic and lime juice. Blend to a paste, then add the coconut yogurt and molasses. Blitz briefly to combine, then tip into a large bowl along with the chicken. Mix well to coat in the marinade, cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
The following day, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Spread the chicken out in a deep roasting tin, skin-side up, and cook in the oven for 45 mins-1 hr or until golden brown and the juices run clear.
While the chicken cooks, brush the aubergine slices with the oil and cook on a hot griddle pan for 3-4 mins each side or until tender and patterned with char marks. Lay the aubergines on a serving platter, add the cooked chicken and scatter over the chopped Brazil nuts and the pomegranate seeds.