Tuna & broccoli pasta bake
A family favourite, this filling and warming supper is ready in under half an hour – and uses lots of storecupboard ingredients
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil, drained well, 1 tbsp oil reserved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomato with garlic and herbs
- 350g dried pasta shapes
- 300g broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 200g pack light soft cheese
- 100g cheddar, finely grated
- 25g breadcrumbs
- salad, to serve (optional)
Heat the reserved oil from the tuna in a very large saucepan. Tip in the tomatoes plus 200ml water and simmer while you cook the pasta, following pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the final 3 mins, then drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
Heat the grill. Stir the soft cheese into the tomato sauce until melted, then mix with the pasta, broccoli and drained tuna, along with a little of the reserved cooking water if the sauce looks a bit thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle on the cheddar and crumbs. Grill, not too close to the heat, for about 4-6 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve with a big side salad, if you like.