- 2 hot-smoked, peppered mackerel fillets
- 1 tbsp teriyaki marinade (we used Kikkoman), plus more if you like
- bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g basmati rice
- ½ cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 85g (or a big handful) beansprouts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
TipMaking it different
Teriyaki chicken stir-fry.
Marinate 2 sliced chicken breasts in the
teriyaki marinade for 10 mins. Fry in a wok
in 2 tsp sunflower oil until golden and
cooked through. Stir in 1 tbsp honey and
1 tbsp lime juice, then bubble until sticky.
Toss with the beansprouts, cucumber
and spinach. Serve with noodles.