Steak salad with blue cheese vinaigrette
By Good Food
Give steak a superhealthy makeover with this special supper for two
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 1 fillet or rump steak, 300g/11oz, trimmed
- 140g green beans, trimmed
- 1 head chicory, leaves separated
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp walnut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped (optional)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled (we used Danish Blue)
Season the steak with lots of pepper and a little salt. Cook on the barbecue or under the grill for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Let sit for 10 mins, then cut into slices.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, oil, tarragon, shallot, cheese and some salt and pepper.
Cook the beans in boiling water until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain thoroughly.
Divide the chicory leaves between two plates and top with the beans, walnuts and steak slices. Pour the dressing over the salad just before eating.