Sesame tuna steaks with Asian slaw
Try to get the best quality tuna you can for these sesame steaks with a crunchy Asian-style slaw. A quick healthy supper, on the table in 20 minutes
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges to serve
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 100g beansprouts (make sure they are the ready-to-eat variety)
- 30g peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 x 2cm-thick tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Mix together the sesame oil and lime juice with some seasoning, then toss with the red cabbage, chilli, yellow pepper, beansprouts and peanuts.
Heat a non-stick frying pan until searing hot. Season the tuna steaks on both sides and turn them in the sesame seeds to coat. Fry for 3 mins each side until the tuna is browned and a sesame crust has formed, but the fish is still pink in the middle. Leave to rest for a few mins, then serve with the slaw and lime wedges for squeezing over.