Spicy Cajun chicken quinoa
By Good Food
Protein-packed quinoa makes this midweek meal a superhealthy option
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 100g dried apricots, sliced
- ½ x 250g pouch ready-to-use Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- small bunch coriander, chopped
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken with the Cajun spice and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 5 mins. Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together.
While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for 10-15 mins. Toss the onions into the quinoa with the coriander and some seasoning, then mix well.