- 600ml mulled wine, ready made from a bottle
- 6 small, ripe, shapely pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 1½ tsp cornflour
- 4 large egg whites
- 1½ tsp wine vinegar
- 50g pecans, roughly chopped
- 500g tub Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp dulce de leche (we used Merchant Gourmet)
- extra toasted pecans (optional)
Take the pears from the juice, then simmer the juice until it’s syrupy and
glossy. Return the pears and cool. Stir the yogurt with the Dulche de leche.
To serve, pile the filling in the meringue and arrange pears on top. Scatter
with nuts, if using. Hand round the syrup for guests to spoon a little over.To freeze
Cool, then carefully pack into a large, rigid container. Pack the pears in a container or food bag. Freeze for 6 weeks.