Gnocchi with mushrooms & blue cheese
Soft, creamy goat's cheese or a deliciously strong blue cheese both work well in this easy veggie supper that's on the table in just 20 minutes
- Prep:10 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 471
- fat 15g
- saturates 8g
- carbs 63g
- sugars 8g
- fibre 8g
- protein 16g
- salt 2.7g
- 2 x 400g packs fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 500g small Forestière or Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g pack creamy blue cheese (we used Danish blue)
- small pack parsley, chopped
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. When they float to the top of the pan, they are ready. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large lidded frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 min over a high heat, then turn down the heat to medium, put the lid on and cook for 5 mins, stirring a few times.
Remove the lid and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 mins, then stir the gnocchi into the pan. Scatter over blobs of cheese and the parsley.