- 2 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 750g/1lb 10oz sweet dessert pastry
- 1kg Bramley apples, peeled, cored, halved and sliced
- 400g blackberries
- 140g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp milk
For every 200g blackberries you will need 50g caster sugar. Tip the berries and sugar into a pan, cover, then gently simmer for 10-15 mins until the berries have softened into a sauce. Keep it textured or push through a sieve for a smooth finish. Delicious with ice cream.