- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- large knob root ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
TipShortcut chicken curry
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan, tip in 450g skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces and cook 5 mins. Add in 250g cooked potatoes, cut into chunks and 200g frozen spinach. Pour over 1 batch (250ml) Basic curry sauce and cook for 5-10 mins until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Stir through 3 tbsp thick yogurt and serve. Or substitute the chicken for 500g of cubed lamb steak.