15-minute mix & match salad
This no-cook salad is a great way to use up leftover veg and ready quick as a flash – perfect for Boxing Day
- Prep:15 mins
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 652
- fat 51g
- saturates 12g
- carbs 30g
- sugars 3g
- fibre 13g
- protein 21g
- salt 1.04g
- ½ red cabbage, about 450g/1lb
- 2 celery sticks, with their leaves
- 175g Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 red-skinned eating apple, cored, but with the skin left on
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 175g mixed nuts, such as brazils, walnuts and roasted cashews
- 100g Stilton
- 6 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 5 tbsp fresh orange juice
TipMake it your own
Omit the cheese for a healthy side salad to have with cold turkey.
Fit your food processor with the slicing blade. Cut the hard white core from the cabbage, then shred the leaves and slice the celery, sprouts and apple in the processor. With the grating attachment, grate the carrots. Roughly chop the nuts, either in the processor or by hand.
In a small bowl, mix the oil with the cranberry sauce. It will look quite cloudy and thick, but don’t worry – add the orange juice next and it will all thin out into a fruity dressing.
Tip all the chopped veg and nuts into a big bowl, pour in the dressing and toss together. (The salad will keep in a covered container for up to a day in the fridge.) Season and serve with stilton crumbled over the top.