- 250g pack pappardelle pasta
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful pine nuts
- 1 plump garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 large field mushrooms, sliced
- 250g bag washed spinach
- grated parmesan and chilli flakes to serve, optional
TipUsing long pasta, adding bacon or tomatoes
This works just as well with other long pasta.
Make it more meaty – fry some chopped bacon
before adding the pine nuts to the pan.
Not keen on mushrooms? You can replace them
with a handful of halved cherry tomatoes.