Veggie wholewheat pot noodle
This clever packed lunch is super healthy, with crisp vegetables, wholewheat noodles and a spicy, zingy dressing
Nutrition per serving
- 100g dried wholewheat noodles
- 2 tsp groundnut oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into fine strips
- ½ large courgette, cut into matchsticks
- 50g frozen shelled edamame beans
- 25g beansprouts
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- handful baby spinach
- 2-4 tbsp crispy onions from a tub
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Yuzu juice (or 2 limes, juiced)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 3-5 mins or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
Place a large non-stick pan (or wok) over a medium-high heat and add the groundnut oil. When hot, add the red pepper and cook for 2-3 mins until slightly softened. Add the courgette and edamame, and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, or 2 jars if taking to work, then season.
Divide the noodles between 2 jars or plastic containers and top with the cooled vegetables, beansprouts, carrot, spinach, crispy onions and coriander. Add the dressing just before eating.