End-of-the-week veggie noodles with ginger & tamari
Make Friday night easy with this speedy, super-healthy supper, packed with three of your five-a-day and containing nutrient-rich wholewheat noodles to help keep blood sugar levels stable
- Prep:10 mins
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 430
- fat 20g
- saturates 2g
- carbs 44g
- sugars 14g
- fibre 10g
- protein 14g
- salt 1.5g
- 1 nest wholewheat noodles (about 75g)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- about 115g button mushrooms, quartered
- about 65g Tenderstem broccoli, chopped
- 50g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into noodles with a spiralizer or julienne peeler
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ? small pack coriander, roughly chopped
TipDid you know?
Ginger contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds and helps settle an upset stomach.
Pour boiling water over the noodles, leave them to soak for 5 mins, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion, ginger, garlic and mushrooms for 3-4 mins until starting to colour. Add the broccoli and nuts, and cook for a few mins more. Toss in the carrots and tamari, stir-fry until they just start to soften, then add the noodles and coriander.