Sweet pepper pasta
A sweet pepper pasta dish that’s ready in 20 minutes – an ideal veggie supper
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 350g trompetti or fusilli pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 375g jar mil Peppadew sweet cherry peppers or sliced peppers from a jar
- 85g packet rocket or watercress, roughly torn
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onion over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Drain the peppers, reserving their juice, then stir into the onion. Cook for 2-3 mins to heat through. Blitz the mixture in a food processor, with 75ml/2½fl oz reserved juice from the peppers and 75ml/2½fl oz cooking liquid from the pasta, to make a chunky sauce.
Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Add the pepper mixture, then season to taste. Toss with the rocket or watercress while still hot, so it just begins to wilt, then serve.