Sweet & sour pork stir-fry
By Good Food
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
Cut the fuss out of cooking with this speedy, light and healthy midweek supper for two
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 227g can pineapple slices in juice, drained and chopped, juice reserved
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp each soy and brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g stir-fry pork strips, trimmed of fat
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 spring onion, quartered and shredded
Mix 4 tbsp of pineapple juice into the cornflour until smooth, then stir in the tomato sauce, soy, sugar and vinegar.
Heat oil until very hot in a wok, then throw in the pork for 1 min, stirring. Lift pork out onto a plate, then set aside.
Add the pepper, stir-fry for 2 mins, then add the pineapple and most of the spring onions for 30 secs. Stir in the sauce for 1 min, splashing in a little water as it cooks, then stir the pork back in for 20-30 secs until just cooked through – it should still be tender. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and serve with rice or noodles.