Sautéed artichokes, potatoes & egg
By Diana Henry
A handful of basic ingredients combined with storecupboard artichokes and you've got a speedy supper with a touch of lux
- Prep:10 mins
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 519
- fat 42g
- saturates 6g
- carbs 19g
- sugars 3g
- fibre 7g
- protein 13g
- salt 2.1g
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely sliced
- 200g waxy potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into slices
- 200g artichoke hearts from a can, drained (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (or less if you want less heat)
- 2-4 eggs (depending on your appetite)
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
You can use artichoke hearts jarred in olive oil here, just be sure to drain them well.
Heat 4 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion and potatoes. Fry for 12-15 mins or until the potatoes are soft right through and everything is golden.
Add the artichoke hearts, garlic, chilli and seasoning, and cook for another 2 mins or so. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in another pan and fry the eggs, scooping the hot oil up over them to help cook the yolks.
Stir the parsley into the potatoes and artichokes, and check the seasoning. Serve with the fried eggs on top.