Roasted beets, plum & pecan salad
The earthiness of beetroot complements the sweet yet tart plums and toasted pecans in this side salad. Pair with lamb for an autumnal feast
- Prep:15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 246
- fat 18g
- saturates 2g
- carbs 14g
- sugars 13g
- fibre 6g
- protein 42g
- salt 0.2g
- 4 large beetroot (about 500g), peeled, ends trimmed and spiralized into thick noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ripe plums (about 200g), cut into wedges
- 60g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 small pack mint, leaves picked, some reserved for garnish
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.Toss the spiralized beetroot in the olive oil and some seasoning in a roasting tin then spread out into an even layer. Roast for 15 mins until tender.
While the beetroot is roasting, combine the dressing ingredients together in a jug with a little seasoning.
To assemble the salad, toss the rest of the ingredients in the roasting tin with the cooked beetroot and dressing. Serve on a sharing platter, garnished with a few reserved mint leaves.