- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, halved, each cut into 6 wedges
- 6 ripe tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- large knob of fresh root ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp curry paste (we used Patak's tikka masala paste)
- 400g shelled raw king prawns
- 250g frozen peas
- small bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- basmati rice or chapatis, to serve
TipIf you want to use a slow cooker...
Leave this to simmer away in a slow cooker. Whizz the oil, ginger, garlic, curry paste and all but 8 tomato wedges to a paste. Scrape into your slow cooker and stir in the onions. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours. Mix in the remaining tomato, prawns and peas, then cover and cook for 30 mins-1 hour further until the prawns are cooked, Serve as above.