Poached salmon with courgette & lentil salad & lemon relish
If you're planning a posh picnic, this light and tasty salad can be popped into tupperware – pour over the dressing just before serving
- Prep:20 mins
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 622
- fat 30g
- saturates 4g
- carbs 34g
- sugars 9g
- fibre 13g
- protein 47g
- salt 1.8g
- ½ handful mint stalks (save the leaves for the relish)
- ½ handful parsley stalks (save the leaves for the relish)
- peeled rind 1 lemon (save the rest for the relish)
- 2 salmon fillets, boned removed
- 1 small courgette, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ fennel bulb, halved then very thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, cut into wedges
- 250g pouch ready-cooked puy lentils
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- small handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- small handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 lemons (1 from above)
Fill a pan big enough to fit both salmon fillets with water. Add the herb stalks and lemon rind. Bring to a gentle simmer, then leave to bubble for 5 mins to allow the flavours to infuse.
Add the salmon to the pan, simmer gently for 1 min, then turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave to poach for 5 mins. Transfer the salmon to a plate, peel off the skin and scrape away any brown flesh. Leave to cool, then chill until ready to serve.
To make the lemon relish, put the oil, honey and mustard in a bowl along with some seasoning, and whisk together. Add the herbs, shallot and the juice of 1 lemon. Cut the skin and pith away from the second lemon, then segment the pieces, catching any juice in the dressing bowl. Cut each segment into 3 or 4 small pieces, then add these too.
Assemble the salad ingredients in containers, then top each salad with a salmon fillet. Take the lemon relish in a jar for pouring over just before serving.