- 300g cold mashed potatoes
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 250g / 9oz peppered mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g dried breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, for frying (optional)
- salad and lemon wedges, to serve
TipMaking your own dried breadcrumbs
Whizz stale or end crusts of white bread in
a food processor. Line a baking sheet with
kitchen paper, spread out the crumbs and
leave for 24 hours or until completely dry.
Store in an airtight container for 1 month.
For flavoured breadcrumbs, add a pinch
of spices or herbs, such as paprika or
thyme, to the processor.