Oriental beef skewers with cucumber salad
By Good Food
Ready in a flash these skewers are perfect for barbecues or the grill
Ready in 15 minutes
Nutrition per serving
- 4 thin-cut sirloin steaks or minute steaks, trimmed of any fat and each cut into 3 long strips
- 100ml sachet stir-fry sauce (we used oyster and spring onion)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
Heat grill to high. In a bowl, mix the steak strips with the stir-fry sauce and sesame seeds. Thread onto 12 skewers, then grill for 12 mins, turning halfway through, until golden and sticky.
For the salad, mix the vinegar and soy together, then toss with the cucumber, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Serve with the beef skewers and some boiled basmati rice.