Mini muffin pizzas
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
This ingenious recipe means you can dish up delightful mini pizzas for kids in next to no time
- Ready in 15-25 minutes
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 329
- fat 24g
- saturates 5g
- carbs 20g
- sugars 0g
- fibre 2g
- protein 11g
- salt 1.18g
- 1 English breakfast muffin, cut in half
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp red pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- ½ small courgette, grated
- 1 slice of ham or salami, cut into small pieces
- 25g mozzarella or cheddar cheese, grated
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- mustard and cress
- 2-3 tbsp vinaigrette dressing
Preheat the grill to high and toast the muffin halves until golden. Leave the grill on. Mix the tomato purée and pesto and spread over the cut sides of the muffins.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms, onion and courgette for 4-5 minutes until softened and golden.
Season, then divide the vegetables between the two muffin halves, scatter over the ham or salami and top with the grated cheese. Place under the grill and cook for 4 minutes or until bubbling.
Cut each muffin half in half again, and serve on two plates with the lettuce and mustard and cress tossed in vinaigrette.