Mediterranean spelt-stuffed peppers
Create colourful, flavour-packed stuffed peppers with sundried tomatoes, and using a spiralizer to prepare the courgettes and onions brings a bit of fun
- Prep:20 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 345
- fat 11g
- saturates 2g
- carbs 44g
- sugars 22g
- fibre 12g
- protein 10g
- salt 0.8g
- 4 large red peppers, halved and deseeded (stems left on)
- 100g fresh sundried tomatoes (sometimes called semidried or sun blush), chopped plus 2 tbsp tomato oil
- 1 large red onion, ends trimmed and spiralized on the flat blade of the spiralizer
- 1 large courgette, halved widthways, ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- 250g pouch pre-cooked spelt
- 100g mixed olives, pips removed and chopped
- 1 small pack of basil, shredded
- green salad, to serve
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the peppers cut-side up on a roasting tray. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of the sundried tomato oil, season with sea salt and black pepper then roast for 20–25 mins until the peppers are tender.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the spiralized red onion. Cook for 2–3 mins until softened then transfer to a bowl.
Add in the remaining ingredients and some seasoning. Once the peppers are cooked, generously fill them with the spelt mix and return to the oven for 5 mins to heat through. Serve with a green salad.