Lobster with lemon & herb butter sauce
Lobster served two ways: with a buttery dipping sauce for the large chunks of meat and a salad made with the smaller pieces. Nothing is wasted and this easy main lets the lobster shine!
- Prep:20 mins
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 649
- fat 61g
- saturates 29g
- carbs 1g
- sugars 1g
- fibre 3g
- protein 22g
- salt 1.7g
- 1 cooked lobster (see tip below for video guide on how to prepare lobster), claws and tail meat kept separate from the smaller bits of meat
- crusty bread, to serve
- juice ½ lemon
- 100g cold butter, cut into cubes
- small bunch chives, finely snipped
- small handful basil leaves, chopped
- 110g bag of rocket
- ½ an avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- leftover bits of lobster meat
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
TipHow to prepare lobster
If you need help preparing your lobster, here's a great video guide on the best way to get the meat for your meal.
To make the sauce, warm the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add the butter, a few cubes at a time, swirling them into the lemon juice over a very low heat to melt them, adding a few more pieces until all the butter is used. Take the sauce off the heat, season to taste and keep warm.
To make the salad, gently toss the rocket, avocado and lobster meat together. Dress with the lemon juice and olive oil, and toss again until everything is mixed and coated.
To serve, stir the herbs through the sauce and pour into a ramekin or small bowl. Put the sauce on a plate and pile the large chunks of lobster meat on one side and the salad on the other. Bring the plate to the table to share – dip the tail meat, claws and crusty bread into the sauce.