Lemon roast vegetables with yogurt tahini & pomegranate
Make a stand-out yogurt dressing by adding a dollop of tahini. This easy veggie salad with chickpeas, aubergine, peppers and pomegranate is rich in omega-3, vitamin c, fibre, folate and calcium, plus it's 3 of your 5-a-day
- Prep:10 mins
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 513
- fat 24g
- saturates 4g
- carbs 42g
- sugars 22g
- fibre 21g
- protein 20g
- salt 0.2g
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed lemon, ¼ finely chopped (skin and all), the rest juiced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp natural bio yogurt
- seeds from ½ a pomegranate
- ? small pack parsley or coriander, chopped
Save time and make this the night before. If you're taking it for a packed lunch, just layer the yogurt and veg in containers and keep in the fridge.
Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7. Put the vegetables and chopped lemon in a large flameproof roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Massage into the veg so they are all well coated, then put the tin on the hob and fry, stirring, for 5 mins until starting to char. Stir in two handfuls of the chickpeas, and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
Put the rest of the chickpeas in a bowl with the garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and 3 tbsp water, and blitz with a stick blender until really smooth and thick.
Spoon the yogurt tahini onto two plates and top with the roasted veg, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Season with black pepper and a drizzle of extra oil, if you like.