Indian chicken salad
Tandoori chicken is an all-time Indian great – team with coriander salad with cooling mango and coconut
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1 heaped tbsp tandoori masala powder
- bunch coriander, stalks chopped and leaves separated
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 150ml coconut milk
- 2 heaped tbsp mango chutney
- ½ cucumber, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 poppadoms, broken into chunky pieces
Lay the chicken breasts in between a double layer of cling film and bash out using a rolling pin until about 1cm thick. Rub with the tandoori spice mix and some seasoning. With a griddle pan over a medium heat, cook the chicken for about 3-5 mins on each side until cooked through.
To make the dressing, mix together the coriander stalks, lime zest and juice, coconut milk and mango chutney until you have a pourable dressing – then season. Arrange the salad ingredients on a big platter. When the chicken is cooked, slice it and add to the salad. Then drizzle on some dressing, scatter with coriander and poppadum pieces and serve.