- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 2 tbsp oil, olive or sunflower
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped, or 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- splash of soy sauce
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g plump white fish fillets, such as cod or hoki, in big chunks
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Dry the potatoes in kitchen paper and tip into the hot fat. Cook them covered over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes more on a fairly high heat until the onion is nicely browned.
Stir in the tomatoes, the tomato purée, thyme and soy sauce, and let it bubble away for a couple of minutes to make a sauce. Stir in the beans and salt and pepper, then sit the fish on top, tucking it into the sauce. Don’t stir or the fish will break up. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes, just until the fish is cooked. Serve sprinkled with parsley.