- 2 medium carrots (about 100g), cut into thick slices
- 2 small parsnips (about 80g), peeled, woody cores removed and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 16 chipolata-sized pigs in blankets or 8 larger ones
- 39g sachet Colman’s Sausage Casserole Mix
- 2 tsp wine or cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp cream or crème fraîche (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped soft herbs, such as basil or parsley
- mashed potato or leftover roasties (see tip), to serve
LEFTOVER COOKED PIGS IN BLANKETS?If you've aleady cooked the pigs in blankets, add them with the Colman’s Sausage Casserole mix, instead of earlier.
LEFTOVER ROASTIES?To serve with leftover roast potatoes, put them on a baking tray and lightly crush with the back of a fork so they split. Heat in the oven alongside the casserole for 40 mins.