Chinese pork one-pot
By Good Food
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
A fast soup with an oriental twist that’ll win over friends and family
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 400g pork tenderloin, cut into long thin strips
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- large knob of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g pack baby leaf green quartered
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- bunch spring onions, whites and greens sliced
Pork tenderloin is a lean fillet that is good for braising, roasting or grilling whole. You can also slice it for stir-fries.
Tip all the ingredients, except the spring onion greens, into a large saucepan, put the lid on and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, without boiling, for about 8 mins, until the pork has changed colour and the greens are cooked, but still a bit crunchy. Ladle into bowls, scatter with the spring onion and serve with boiled rice or noodles on the side.