Chickpea, red pepper, egg & feta hash
Kick-start your day with our vegetarian chickpea, red pepper, egg and feta hash. This brilliant breakfast is easy to make and delivers two of your 5-a-day
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4 roasted red peppersfrom a jar, torn into chunks
- 2-4 eggs
- 40g feta, crumbled
- ½ lemon, zested
- small handful mint, leaves chopped
- flatbreads, to serve (optional)
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion for 12-15 mins until starting to caramelise. Add the chickpeas, cumin and peppers and season well, then cook for a few mins until hot throughout.
Create spaces in the pan for each of the eggs. Crack the eggs into the pan, then cover and cook for 2-3 mins, or until the eggs are done to your liking. Scatter over the feta, lemon zest and mint. Serve alongside the flatbreads, if you like.