Chicken with roots & chickpeas
By Good Food
A filling and healthy meal that’s great for an easy supper
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 parsnips, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 440g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g can tomatoes
- chopped coriander, optional
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Toss the chicken, oil, vegetables and seasoning together with some salt and pepper. Roast for 40 mins, shaking the pan every so often.
When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, lift the chicken onto plates, then put the roasting tin over a high heat. Tip in the chickpeas and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for a few mins, then stir in the coriander, if using. Serve with the chicken.