Cheat’s deep-pan pizza
Feed friends quickly with this vegetarian deep-pan pizza, which can also be made ahead and frozen
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g butter, diced
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 handful semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 small courgettes, thickly sliced
- ½ x 300g jar chargrilled artichokes in oil, drained
- 125g ball vegetarian mozzarella, drained and diced
- 50g mature cheddar or vegetarian alternative, grated
- ½ tsp dried oregano or rosemary
TipUse up the artichokes
Make a plain risotto. At the end, stir in chargrilled artichokes and some frozen peas or broad beans, plus the zest 1 lemon and a large knob butter. Serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan.
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the flour, baking powder and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl, then rub in the butter. Add the milk and bring together to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. Brush a 25cm x 36cm baking tray with a little olive oil and press the dough into it, making sure it goes right to the corners.
Arrange the tomatoes, courgettes and artichokes over the base. Scatter over the cheeses, drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the oregano. Season with pepper. Bake for 25 mins until nicely browned. Can be cooled, sliced in the tin and frozen for up to a month. Defrost before wrapping in foil and reheating in a low oven.