Buttery chilli prawns
By Sarah Cook
Spicy seafood is a really versatile dish for sharing – make sure there’s plenty of bread for the juices
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds left in and finely chopped
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 12-20 large raw king prawns with shells
- juice 1 lemon, plus a few slices for a finger bowl
- ½ x small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- small loaf crusty bread, warmed to serve
Melt the butter and oil together in a frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli and paprika, then fry for 1-2 mins until starting to turn golden. Turn up the heat, throw in the prawns and fry for a few mins, stirring, until all the prawns turn pink. Take off the heat, season and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Add some lemon slices to a finger bowl of warm water, grab a bowl for the shells, then dig straight in with your fingers and hunks of crusty bread.