All-in-one chicken traybake
By Good Food
Whip up a family meal with all your veg in one pan, perfect for lazy summer cooking
- Ready in 30 mins
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 520
- fat 24g
- saturates 4g
- carbs 44g
- sugars 0g
- fibre 7g
- protein 35g
- salt 3.58g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 750g new potatoes, sliced
- large pinch dried thyme or fresh if you have it
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, but left whole
- 450g jar mixed roasted peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 oranges, each cut into eight segments
- 200g jar pitted black olives in brine, drained
TipMaking it different
Use lemons instead of oranges for a sharper flavour. Don’t eat meat? Use white fish fillets instead of chicken. Simply start with the potatoes and add the fish with the peppers and tomatoes.
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large flameproof roasting tin, then fry the chicken, skin side down, and the potatoes for 8 mins or until the chicken skin is crisp and golden. Turn the chicken and potatoes, then continue to cook for a further minute.
Add the thyme and garlic, then stir to coat everything.
Roast everything for 15 mins until the potatoes are soft. Remove the tray from the oven and throw in the peppers, orange segments and olives and roast for 5 mins more until the chicken and potatoes are completely cooked. To serve, bring the tray to the table and let everyone help themselves.