Warm Thai chicken & noodle salad
By Good Food
A low fat, oriental-inspired salad – ideal for when you’re in a real rush
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 175g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 good handfuls of greens, such as Chinese leaf, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the grill to high. Put the chicken on a baking tray and grill for 10-12 minutes without turning, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to instructions. Drain and run cold water through to stop them sticking together.
Mix the vegetables in a bowl. Thinly slice the chicken and add to the bowl, along with the noodles and coriander leaves.
Mix the dressing ingredients together with 2 tablespoons water, pour over the salad and toss well. Serve straight away.