Vegan hot chocolate
Use oat milk to make a seriously creamy hot chocolate. Try it with maple syrup if you prefer it a bit sweeter, or add a touch of spice or vegan marshmallows
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 500ml Alpro Oat Original
- 100g vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped, plus a grating to serve
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 2 bruised cardamom pods (optional)
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- vegan marshmallows, to serve
Heat all the ingredients, except the marshmallows, if using, in a small pan over a low heat, stirring frequently until the chocolate has melted. Remove and discard the whole spices with a slotted spoon, if using.
Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with the vegan marshmallows, if using, and an extra grating of chocolate.