Thai chicken soup
Create a mouth-watering chicken soup with leftovers from your roast lunch
Cook:1 hrs 30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- 140g soba or wholewheat noodles
- 100g beansprouts
- 2 pak choi, leaves separated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ small bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1 roast chicken carcass and wings
- thumb-sized piece ginger, bashed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 5 peppercorns
To make the broth, place the chicken carcass and wings in a large pan. Cover with cold water, then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hr.
Strain the chicken broth into a clean pan. Carefully pick out any pieces of chicken and return to the broth. Put the broth back on the heat and bring back to the boil.
Add the noodles and cook for 3 mins until tender, then stir in the beansprouts, pak choi, red chilli, soy sauce, honey and lime juice, adding the squeezed lime halves to the pot, too. Can be frozen at this point. Cook for 2 mins more. Ladle the soup into bowls, scatter over the spring onions and mint leaves, and serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over.