Sweet potato, spring onion & feta salad
By Sarah Cook
Swap heavy mayonnaise and spuds for roasted sweet potato, salty Greek cheese, fresh herbs and pine nuts
- Serves 8
Nutrition per serving
- 2kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140g feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ small bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato with the oil and some seasoning. Spread on a baking parchment-lined baking tray and roast for 30-35 mins until tender. Cool to room temperature.
Whisk the dressing ingredients with a little more seasoning. Pile the potato onto a serving platter and drizzle over the dressing. Scatter over the feta and nuts, and very gently toss with your hands so you don’t break up the potato.