Sausage & broccoli pasta
By Good Food
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
Liven up midweek pasta with a fiery sausage and chilli hit
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 200g pasta shapes
- 150g pack purple sprouting broccoli, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp crushed red chillies
- 2 Italian-style pork sausages, skins removed and meat broken into pieces
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
Sausages that contain flavours like sundried tomatoes, caramelised onions, Parmesan or fennel work well in this dish.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta until nearly al dente. Throw in the broccoli and cook for 2 mins more. Drain, saving 1-2 tbsp of the water.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic, fennel seeds, if using, and chillies. When they start to colour a bit, add the sausage and cook until golden and cooked through. Tip in the pasta and broccoli with the reserved water and toss. Serve hot with the Parmesan shavings.