Quick chilli bean wraps
By Good Food
These vegetarian Mexican wraps are self-assembled – great fun for all the family. Easily doubled for a crowd, too
- Ready in 15-20 minutes
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- kcal 320
- fat 9g
- saturates 1g
- carbs 52g
- sugars 0g
- fibre 6g
- protein 11g
- salt 3.98g
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 30g sachet fajita seasoning (we like Discovery), or 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 8 soft corn tortillas wraps (Old El Paso are good)
- grated cheese, guacamole and soured cream
- handful coriander or parsley, roughly chopped
TipGive it a twist
Other toppings, such as jalapeño peppers and fresh tomato salsa, also go really well. You can also use taco shells instead of tortillas.
Gently fry onions for 5 mins in oil, until softened. Tip in beans, tomatoes and seasoning, then simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, warm the wraps in the microwave on High for 1 min.
Take a large spoonful of beans and spoon along the centre of each wrap. Top with some grated cheese, a spoonful of guacamole and soured cream and a sprinkling of coriander or parsley. Wrap into a cigar shape and eat straight away.